expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Feast Days, Holy Days and Prayers




Feast Days of Mary

January 1 Solemnity of Mary
March 25 – Annunciation
May 31 – Visitation
August 15 – Assumption
August 22 – Queenship of Mary
September 8 – Birth of Mary
September 12 – The most Holy name of Mary
December 8 – Immaculate Conception


Prayers for Holy Cards – Apparitions of Mary

Our Lady Star of the Sea
Feast Day : September 27
Hail, Queen of Heaven, the Ocean Star,
Guide of the wanderer here below,
Thrown on life's surge, we claim thy care,
Save us from peril and from woe.
Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
Pray for the wanderer, pray for me.

Our Lady Full of Grace
Feast day 31 May
I turn to thee, O Mother Dear
Asking that I follow Thee
You are my inspiration
May I always walk with thee
For the remainder of my days?

Our Lady of Lourdes
Feast Day : 11 February
Oh Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick,
Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, you know my troubles, my sufferings.  When you appeared in the
Grotto of Lourdes, you made the earth hallowed ground,
You blessed the waters and you infused all those who
Enter with healing and peace.
I thank you for the miracles that you grant me
Ave Maria

Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Feast Day : June 12
Patron saint of Italy
Oh Mother of Perpetual Help,
Grant that I may ever invoke They
Most powerful name,
Which is the safeguard of the living
And the salvation of the dying.
I shall never cease to call on Thee
Ever repeating thy sacred name Mary, Mary
Oh what consolation, what sweetness,
What confidence, what emotion
Fill my soul when I pronounce
Thy sacred name


Our Lady of Good Counsel
Feast Day : April 26
Beloved Daughter of the Eternal Father,
pray for us.
August Mother of God the Son,
pray for us .
Blessed Spouse of God the Holy Ghost, etc.
Living temple of the Holy Trinity,
Queen of Heaven and earth,
Seat of Divine Wisdom ,
Depositary of the secrets of the Most High,
Virgin most prudent,
In our doubts and difficulties,
In our tribulations and anguish,
In our discouragements,
In perils and temptations,
In all our undertakings,
In all our needs,
At the hour of death,
By thine Immaculate Conception,
By thy happy nativity,
By thine admirable presentation,
By thy glorious Annunciation,
By thy charitable Visitation,
By thy Divine Maternity,
By thy holy Purification,
By the sorrows and anguish of thy maternal heart,
By thy precious death ,
By thy triumphant Assumption


Our Lady the Eastern Gate
Prayer :
On this day, O Beautiful Mother
On this day we give thee our love.
Near thee, Madonna, fondly we hover,
Trusting thy gentle care to prove.
On this day we ask to share
Dearest Mother, thy sweet care.
Aid us ere our feet astray
Wander from thy guiding way.
On this day, O Beautiful Mother
On this day we give thee our love.
Near thee, Madonna, fondly we hover,
Trusting thy gentle care to prove.
In the name of the Father,
and of the Mother, and of the Son,
and of the Daughter and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.
Tarot Card : Our Lady of the Eastern Gate – Six of Holy Rood
Meaning :  initiation, new insight, new journey, the end of suffering, feelings of being persecuted, be aware of pitfalls ahead

Our Lady of Guadalupe
Am I not here, I, who am your mother?  Are you not under my shadow and protection?  Are you not in the hollow of my mantle, the crossing of my arms?  Am I not the source of all your joy?  What more do you need?  Let nothing else worry you, disturb you.” – The Virgin Mary, to St. Juan Diego at Tepeyac Hill
Tarot Card : Queen of Roses
Meaning :  miracles, healing, healing of the land, unity, friendship, healing in family relationships,


Magnificat
My soul doth magnify the Lord.
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded : the lowliness of his handmaiden: For behold, from henceforth : all generations shall call me blessed.
For he that is mighty hath magnified me: and holy is his Name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him: throughout all generations.
He hath shewed strength with his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat: and hath exalted the humble and meek.
He hath filled the hungry with good things: and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He remembering his mercy hath helpen his servant Israel :
As he promised to our forefathers, Abraham and his seed for ever.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son: and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be : world without end. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment