expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Novena to Our Lady of the Living Fire Day 6


 I shall try the only thing a devotee can do :

I shall always keep thy divine image

and thy holy divinity

locked in my heart and

conjure them in my imagination

- the words of Lucius, the hero of The Golden Ass


The image is an inner shrine,

an interior refuge.


It is beyond words



but the poet and sage knows how to

invoke the imagination and  the

Sacred One up into the psyche

in an enduring



and nurturing way.


An image includes not only a picture but the way

we experience it, the way we feel it.

Every image we perceive,

every feeling it evokes,

is a living prayer.


Prayer

I open myself to your presence, o Great Mother;
I commit myself to your priestesshood of miracle thinking
and the practise of faith in the extraordinary.
I am willing for my eyes and heart to be broken open
by your divine and blinding presence;
as I priestess your love and compassion in the world.


blessings

Hettienne


No comments:

Post a Comment